International activities at Porin lukio upper secondary school
Erasmus + projects
Let’s get down to business
- A two-year Erasmus+ KA229 project with partners TAT, Satakunta university of applied sciences, and Prizztech in Pori, as well as local companies in Finland, Germany and Italy. TAT is a nationwide influencer which helps young people develop their skills in economics and working life and get excited about entrepreneurship.
- The project introduces a wide range of companies and their operations in the Northern, Central and Southern Europe, and uses TAT’s business courses on the Claned platform. Local businesses are visited in Pori, Göttingen, Germany, and Putignano, Italy.
- Let’s get down to business! project started on 1.12.2020. The project receives EU funding.
- Erasmus+ project in which Pori Upper Secondary School participates together with Satakunta university of applied sciences. In total, eight upper secondary schools and higher education institutions from four different countries are involved in the project.
- The aim of the project is to familiarise themselves with the education systems of different countries, to arouse students’ interest in natural sciences by developing GBL (game based learning) teaching scenarios for science teaching, and to create material that can be used and shared in each country.
- The GAMMA project started in autumn 2020. The project receives EU funding.
- Section 13 of the General Upper Secondary Education Act (10.8.2018/714) lays down an obligation for providers of general upper secondary education to enable students to develop their international competence.
- In spring 2021, the Finnish National Board of Education granted Erasmus+ accreditation to Pori Upper Secondary School. Authorisation refers to a quality-assured membership of the Erasmus+ programme.
- Erasmus+ accreditation enables Pori Upper Secondary School to receive versatile funding for projects and the implementation of international activities. Accreditation strengthens the mobility activities of Pori Upper Secondary School in particular as part of the upper secondary school’s development, project and international activities.
- Activities to be carried out in the academic year 2022-2023:
- Erasmus+ school visit to Wittenberg Luther-Melancthon-Gymnasium and Berlin, Germany
- Wittenberg Luther-Melancthon-Gymnasium’s visit to Pori
- Erasmus+ Gamma project visits in Croatia, the Netherlands and Pori
- Erasmus+ Let’s get down to business visits in Germany and Italy
- Short-term student visits to partner schools in Europe
- Training for teachers