RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF FACE MASKS
The use of a face mask is recommended in the following situations, for people over 12 years of age:
- In all public transport.
- Persons on route to a Covid-19 test and before receiving the test result, if they must move outside of their home.
- In indoor public events, including schools.
- In indoor work places, if there are several people working in the same space. Work places are recommended to follow the guidelines by the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health. The practices at place will be decided and enforced by the employer.
- Passengers arriving in Finland from a risk area: when travelling from their point of entry to their place of quarantine, or if they must move outside of their home/quarantine location during quaranting.
- In domestic tourism: follow the destination instructions on face mask usage.
- When visiting or working in a hospital, health centre, or a 24-hour care facility.
- In addition, it is a good idea to always use a face mask in situations where it is difficult to avoid close contact, for example at public events or indoords.
For more information about using face masks, please see the instructions of the Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare (THL).
CURRENT RESTRICTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS IN THE PORI AREA
Current restrictrions and recommendations are based on those by the Satakunta Regional Working Group for the Control of Infectious Diseases (ATTR) and Regional State Administrative Agency Southwestern Finland (AVI).
- Both public and private events currently have the same recommendations. It is the organiser´s responsibility to ensure that all guests have access to hand hygiene facilities, and that safety distances are kept. Using face masks is recommended, especially if safety distances cannot be kept, or if guests are arriving from areas on the community transmission phase of the virus. All surfaces must be cleaned thoroughly and regularly. For easier tracking in case of Covid-19 exposures, the contact details and time stamps of all quests should be taken a note of.
- The usage of public and private spaces is currently not restricted. Events and meetings of over 10 (ten) people indoors, and over 50 (fifty) people outdoors, can be held. All events must adhere to THL’s recommendations in regards to safety distances, hygiene and face mask usage. It is recommended to use a face mask indoors in accordance with THL's instructions, especially if the safety distances cannot be maintained.
- Sports facilities (gyms, swimming halls, sport halls etc.) are operating normally, but additional caution must be paid to safety distances and hygiene. Face masks are recommended to be used where possible, and facility-specific instructions must be obeyed. In swimming halls, face masks must be used in all public spaces, excluding pool and shower/sauna areas.
- Excercise, sports and hobby acticitivies in full (matches, competitions, training sessions etc.) for all ages can be carried out indoors and outdoors. If there is an audience present, AVI's current regulation regarding public events must be observed. Clubs must also take into account their own association's guidelines for training and competition activities for all ages, and instruct their members to act in accordance with those guidelines.
- Libraries, museums and other cultural facilities are currently open for public. Some restrictions for entry allowance of visitors may be in place in order to ensure safety distances. Larger public events are currently on hold. Additional attention to face mask usage, hygiene and safety distances is required. Larger groups should contact the cultural facilities in advance. Further information can be found on the facilities´ websites, and from the staff present at the facilities.
- Youth facilities are open. Depending on the size of the facility, the amounts of visitors may be restircted. People over 12 years of age and older should wear a face mask, and all visitors are instructed to use the facilities in a Covid-19 safe manner.
- Social services and health care (Perusturva) are operating normally.
- Entrepreneurs in the Pori area have acted responsibly in the midst of the corona pandemic. However, the City of Pori encourages entrepreneurs to continue acting responsibly in the challenging conditions, by enforcing safety distances and other hygiene issues in their business premises.
INFO AND INSTRUCTIONS
You can find national instructions and information about the Covid-19 virus in many different languages on the webpage of Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (for example Русский язык, Eesti Keel, عربية, Türkçe).
The latest Covid-19 virus news in Arabic, in Somali, in Kurdish and in Persian can be found here.
Allocated service numbers help in coronavirus related issues:
- Pori region co-operation information number: 02 623 4333 (daily 8-16, other times please call Satasairaala Hospital service number 116 117)
- Satasairaala Hospital service number: 116 117
- Service number for dental health: 044 701 0044 (Mon-Friday 8-16)
- Prizztech Oy service number for companies: 02 620 5300 (weekdays from 8-16)
- Social work emergency number: 02 623 4380 (24 h)
- National information number: 0295 535 535 (weekdays 8-21, Saturdays from 9-15).
If you are ill or have mild symptoms, stay at home. Do not work if you are ill. If your child has symptoms, they must stay at home and not go to day care or school. You have to inform the day care or school about this.
If you have severe symptoms, call the health care numbers (above). Do not go to health centre before calling and booking an appoitment.
CURRENT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 ISSUES IN PORI AND FINLAND
Further nationwide information is available from the links on the right side of this page.