Facilities for the culture and the youth youth are opened in the light of the existing restrictions
- With regard to museums, the Satakunta Museum, Luontotalo Arkki , rakennuskulttuuritalo Toivo and the Rosenlew Museum will open their doors on Tuesday 27 April. The Pori Art Museum will open its doors with new exhibitions on Friday, April 30. The Poriginal Gallery will not open until mid-May. Visits to museums are allowed, subject to safety intervals and general hygiene instructions. Smaller units such as the Luontotalo Arkki , rakennuskulttuuritalo Toivo and the Rosenlew Museum will be subject to visitor restrictions if necessary. Larger groups should contact the museums in advance.
- The youth facilities, with the exception of the youth center in the city center, and the Annis Culture House will open on Monday 26 April. Depending on the size of the facilities, the number of visitors is limited. Visitors of high school age and older should wear a face mask and all visitors are instructed to use the facilities in a corona-safe manner.
Classes 7-9 to return to contact teaching, restrictions on the use of the facilities remain
- Classes 7 to 9 will return to contact teaching on Monday, March 29, in accordance with the recommendations of the The regional working group of infectious diseases (ATTR). Pori high schools will return to contact teaching from 12 April in accordance with the recommendations of the ATTR.
- Restrictions on the use of city facilities will remain unchanged until 11 April, after which the situation will be reassessed. Hobby activities for high school students and parents are considered suspended throughout this time.
- It is still possible to practice for primary school children and younger people, taking into account distances and avoiding contacts. It is possible to use the outdoor areas for independent practice.
EXISTING RESTRICTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS ALREADY NOTIFIED:
- Hobby activities for classes 7-9 and older are prohibited. Hobby activities for classes 1-6 and younger can still continue their actions, while keeping the safe distances and other safety regulations in mind.
- The recommendation on hobby activities does not apply to adults national or group sport national team activities or over 18-year-olds Finnish Championship level and Division I level competition and training activities, and professional training aimed at international excellence, Olympic Committee support athletes or OMK scholarship athletes.
- The gathering restriction is reduced to 6 people in accordance with the Finnish Government's guidelines. The city of Pori recommends to its citizens that the restriction should take place immediatelly.
- Unnecessary travel is not recommended within or outside the Satakunta region.
- The regional working group of infectious diseases (ATTR) strongly recommends the extensive use of oral nasal protection throughout Satakunta in accordance with the recommendation of the THL acceleration phase. The mask is recommended for use by anyone over the age of 12 in schools, public spaces, and public transportation. The mask recommendation also applies to those under 12 years of age who are in mixed classes with older students, as well as all students traveling in school transportation.
- With regard to sports facilities, the indoor and outdoor swimming pools and the city's indoor sports facilities, including Karhuhalli, have been closed for the time being with certain exceptions. Training and competition opportunities for competitive and elite sports are secured for professional sports based on a serial license agreement or sports agreement, as defined by the Ministry of Education, national team activities, Olympic Committee support athletes and OKM scholarship athletes.
- Sports events and competitions that cross the provincial borders of Satakunta should not be organized. The recommendation applies to indoor and outdoor sports and sporting events for individuals and teams of all ages.
- Outdoor sports venues can be kept open for voluntary movement.
- Libraries offer a limited service for lending purposes only. Group teaching for children and young people at the Palmgre Conservatory, as well as civic college courses for groups of less than 11 people, began on January 25th. Art school adult groups are moving to distance learning. The operations of the Culture House Annis and the children's culture center Kruunupää will be closed.
- The normal operation of social services and healthcare (Perusturva), that are medically necessary or continuous, will continue.
- Entrepreneurs in the Pori area have acted responsibly in the midst of the corona pandemic. However, the City of Pori calls on entrepreneurs to continue to act responsibly in challenging conditions, and to continue to take into account the use of safety distances and other hygiene issues in their business premises.
INFO AND INSTRUCTIONS
You can find national instructions and information about coronavirus in many different languages on the webpage of Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (for example Русский язык, Eesti Keel, عربية, Türkçe).
The latest coronavirus news in Arabic, in Somali, in Kurdish and in Persian an be found here.
Allocated service numbers help in coronavirus related issues:
- Pori region co-operation information number: 02 623 4333 (Everyday 8-16. Other times call Satasairaala hospital service number 116 117).
- Satasairaala hospital service number: 116 117
- Service number for dental health: 044 701 0044 (Mon-Friday 8-16).
- Prizztech Oy service number for companies: 02 620 5300 (Weekdays from 8-16).
- Social work emergency number: 02 623 4380 (24 h).
- National information number: 0295 535 535 (Weekdays from 8-21 and Saturdays from 9-15).
If you are ill or have mild symptoms, stay at home. Do not work if you are ill. If your child has symptoms, the child must stay at home and not go to day care or school. You have to inform the day care or school about this.
If you have severe symptoms, call to health care nubmers (above). Do not go to health center before calling and booking an appoitment.
Current information about corona issues in Pori
Read nationwide information from the links in the beginning of the page.